POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Feel the beat : Re: Feel the beat Server Time
4 Sep 2024 03:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feel the beat
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Jul 2010 13:10:14
Message: <4c41e3f6$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Yes, I've got one like that as well - very nice especially with the
> treadmill and the bikes, because the equipment will adjust to keep your
> heart rate in the 'zone'.

The hilarious thing is that my monitor tells you when your heart rate is
"optimal" for burning calaries. Except that it tells me mine is optimal
when I walk across the room or something. :-D

What it does is estimate what your maximum heart rate is, and what
percentage of that your current heart rate is, and then it tells you
that 50% - 70% is "optimal". Except I think it's badly underestimated my
maximal rate. It's telling me I'm getting a great workout just from
walking around my bedroom, which just can't be right. ;-)

God damned funny though! :-D

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/